Monday, November 14, 2011

A Little Bit of Mystery

NevermoreNevermore by Linda Newbery
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have started Nevermore before. This time I finished it! There is just enough of a mystery here to keep the pages turning, but not enough to scare me. I scare very easily, which is probably why I put this book down the last time I borrowed it from the library. I had worked out much of the mystery by the end of the book, but was still in for a little surprise, that someone else probably would have figured out.

Tizzie has spent her life moving from one house to another, from one school to the next, from one city to another. Now, her mother has dragged her off into the country. She can't even get reception for her cell phone for crying out loud! Tizzie's mom has been hired as the cook at Roven Mere. The house is fully staffed and ready and waiting for the family to return. They are returning imminently, the staff are assured. And yet, almost none of the current staff has ever met the elusive Lord Rupert and family. Tizzie is looking forward to the return of Greta Evershall, who is said to be her age. She envisions them becoming fast friends. When will they return and how will life at Roven Mere change when they do?

I really felt for Tizzie and my nerves were jumping for her as she tried to discover the secrets and unravel the mystery of Roven Mere, all the while trying to make friends and fit in at her new school.

Nevermore is a book that keeps you thinking and wondering about this odd little world that seems to be ever waiting.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment