Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Medley of Reading

I started this year and this blog with excellent intentions.  My goal was to blog review each of the 50 books I would, ideally, read in 2011.  As is often the case, I began with great gusto - and then I fell behind.  This morning I realized that I have read 15 books but only reviewed 9!  In an effort to catch up, and to allow you to see what I have been reading, I have compiled the following very, very brief reviews.  Enjoy - I did!


Love, Magic, and Mudpies: Raising Your Kids to Feel Loved, Be Kind, and Make a DifferenceLove, Magic, and Mudpies: Raising Your Kids to Feel Loved, Be Kind, and Make a Difference by Bernie Seigel

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Easy to digest short pieces of parenting advice given with stories and a good dose of humour.



View all my reviews

ArrangedArranged by Catherine McKenzie

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


McKenzie gives us a fun light romantic comedy. An adventure into the realm of finding a marriage partner in the most unlikely of places.



View all my reviews

Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2)Rise of the Evening Star by Brandon Mull

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The Rise of the Eveeing Star is somewhat darker than the first Fablehaven book, as is often the case in a series. But still magical and full of hope.



View all my reviews

Sea ChangeSea Change by Aimee Friedman

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I cannot believe I read this. I was hoping for some ocean magic and fantasy. I got a teen romance! Not that I didn't like it, it was just not what I was expecting, nor what I normally read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment